Selecting the correct air compressor distributor can be a confusing and difficult undertaking for businesses in the industrial and mechanical space. In the face of these difficulties, however, it is critical to remember the importance of compressed air as a utility that keeps key processes and equipment operating at peak performance.
With the following tips in hand, you are equipped with the right questions to ask and factors to consider to choose the ideal air compressor distributor for you.
Five Tips for Choosing the Right Air Compressor Distributor
Use the below suggestions to make a more informed decision:
- Fully understand your needs, and how different compressors meet them. Compressed air needs for a contractor working in the field are different than those for a manufacturing or industrial facility. In the former case, portable air compressors with storage tanks are typically used. In the latter, full, always-on compressor systems are required to keep a vast array of equipment operational. Choose the compressor grade that is appropriate for your capacity needs.
- Know your options. Beyond capacity grades, air compressors offer a vast range of options: oil-free or oil-flooded, electric, petroleum or diesel-powered, varying tank sizes and capacities (measured in PSI), motor horsepower, air delivery capacity (measured in CFM), single stage or two stage, and more. You should do yourbaseline research, but the right supplier will be happy to explain more about each option and which is right for you.
- Get to know the potential supplier. The best way to do this is by asking questions. Find out about the supplier’s customer service offering and approach.Inquire whether it can help you with full-fledged compressor systems as opposed to simply selling hardware. Ask how it can help meet your overall goals and benchmarks as a problem solver and project manager. Some suppliers with bare-bones service offerings may not even be able to answer these questions, or may provide vague answers — these are unlikely to be the right supplier for you.
- Look for innovation. Viewing compressed air as a utility can also lead to the downfall of viewing it — and the overall system that a compressor is part of — as a commodity. Nothing could be further from the truth. The best suppliers have a wealth of experience with creative problem-solving and unique compressed air solutions to help save customers money and see that a system is built — down to the last detail — to help achieve business and production goals.
- Choose a partneras opposed to simply a provider. A partner is an air compressor supplier with which you can begin a longstanding relationship to continue improving your system and equipment, while enjoying the benefits of exemplary customer service, maintenance, support and more. If a supplier views the signed contract or completed transaction as the end of its relationship with you, it’s likely a sign that you should look elsewhere to enjoy the full benefits of a true industrial partner.
You now understand what to look for and how to inquire to truly choose an air compressor supplier that is the right fit for you. While there is a vast amount of further information to learn, these steps will help set you on the path to success.